Thursday, February 24, 2011

SXSW: Just a Dream

SXSW is less than a month away. March 16-20, 2011. Austin, TX. is the only place to be in March of every year. I was able to go last year and report to you about the bands you should know about and the bands you should forget about. I was able to actually perform there the year before. Shit, every year there are only 10000 bands and a million directions to go.

I don't see myself anywhere near Austin in March this year. I will be here in this dreaded city of Philadelphia, prepping for the battle of a lifetime. Losing sleep, grinding teeth and shining off the most angry play lists I can find as I realize every day will roll out another unknown wet blanket of emotions, that extinguishes nothing.


Yeah, and if one day, I can dust off all of this shit, I may be able to write fruitfully again. But right now, apparently I'm just a "horrible deadbeat dad." and not a "real man". I've got to dig deep to get out of this. Ill end up stripping myself clean in the process, just to get to the truth, maybe losing some edge to embrace some peace. But if it keeps everyone I care about safe, it will all be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Not only are you a man, you are about as real as they come. Take solace in that. Not many can claim the same.

    ReplyDelete