Monday, July 18, 2011

Where I've Been

Wow. This is the longest stretch of days without an entry on this blog that I can remember. I will be catching myself up with a focus on story telling over the next few days. So many stories. I toured my cherished, almost legendary house that I grew up in.  I went to my high school reunion. I went to Woodstock, NY.  I went to the Soundgarden show in Philadelphia. I went to see a fantastic show in NY with a two man HHEAVYYY band called  The Body backed by a a choired  gaggle of female druids. I've been working on a sushi place in Soho and a Bearded Lady bar in Brooklyn in between scraping and coating my way thru another summer in this suburban enclave of Philadelphia. I just got back from an awesome classic car show in Syracuse. I've had some of the best conversations. Ones that stick like bondo to my brain. Time to put it all down.

I miss the writing. I have to find a way to get internet access at home instead of trying to think while being distracted by pinstripes and khakis and strollers at Starbucks every morning. I sit here stewing and stirring my inner rant while attaching myself to the lives of these now familiar characters.

I'm peeling back layers, shedding skin, thinking of art. Using my time wisely while surviving and making sure my son's life is full of love and lessons. I'm digging for truth and dusting off the fossils I find. I'm struggling , but with a summer drenched smile and words shuffling and sorting ideas for it all. I'm shifting my distractions into slow gear, until the gears clench and stop.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your back from having TOO MUCH FUN! Can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. We all get busy with things that take time from writing. Looking forwar to some more posts.

    ReplyDelete