Monday, November 10, 2008

Shining that Light Again

There's not much going on in the rock news world right now...or that's how I feel today anyway. I don't really care how well Gene Simmons did on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader because he's one of the most loathsome humans that I know of. Gene is a dead -squirrel haired carnival barking sheister and Kiss were the Three Doors Down of the 70s.Not much news there....I did hear of another challenging night for Billy Corgan where he invited up an audience member to the stage on the second night of their NY tour stop to ask him what he thought of the first night's set. After the young buck said "it sucked" Billy said " By the way, what was the name of that song you wrote? Take Your Dick Out of My Mouth and Stick It In My Ass? I heard it was a hit in Europe." Wow...tough times on the Pumpkins tour, I guess...somebody got a bunch of Black Necco Wafers and Almond Joys in their trick or treat bag! Bet you can You Tube that one as well...
I thought I would let you know of some really great websites that I use during times like these...one of them is simply called albumart.org . Need an album cover for Itunes/Ipod art? Or for anything else? Maybe to stare at lovingly as listenable mediums get smaller and "covers" go the way of "cassettes" or "guitar solos"? You know..Bye Bye! Enter an artist or album title. Its there. Just copy and paste it where you need it. They also have DVD covers and videos of said artist that appear in the right column adjacent to the search results.
I even found Zappa's Weasels Ripped My Flesh and Foghat there. Just because I could.

I also found a great site called hiddensongs.com. Its basically a large list of hidden tracks by artists( often found at the end of a cd and usually unlisted)and what CDs you can find them on! Simple..awesome...and great for slow rock news days.

Finally in the TOTAL non music category...I STUMBLED UPON this page from Jimmy Ruska's blog called Friends Are More Dangerous Than Beer. I haven't busted a gut like that in a long time. People are so cruel..and I love them. See You Soon.

1 comment: