Monday, October 18, 2010

Crocktober

Shit, I've been growing a baseball beard and working on my curmudgeon costume this past 12 days, sorry folks.
 Real hard times at home are grinding my craw to a crawl... makes me look like the Boston(band) of the blog world, with an output of a post every 8 years or so.  Anybody got a car, an apartment and some black market health insurance, let me know. If you're in a band and happen to have access to these things, I'll give you a great review, even if "heart beats like a drum" is anywhere on your lyric sheet.

There were a couple of highlights, though.

I went out to Washington for a wedding last week, hugged some massive trees, hiked(huff, puff) up to a clear view of Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Adams,  was out of any cell/internet service for 6 days and got to know the locals in Stevenson at the Walking Man Brewery as I drowned down a couple two, three, six Knuckle Draggers. When I came to, a day later, I had the opportunity to watch local up and comers Jackbone Dixie do a stripped down acoustic set as the wedding band.  Emily Albaugh has one of those rare, one of a kind smoky, husky and bold voices, and she's all of 90 lbs.  She should go pretty far with a tightened set and a move to nearby Portland.

Speaking of Portland, I finally  got to meet the world famous Isorski, from Isorski's Musings. From what I remember, as we sampled a plethora of Oregonian pints, it was a great time. I only made fun of his Kiss devotion maybe 10 or 12 times. Hmmm, I wonder what he thinks about this fresh music news story?

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/entertainment/gene-simmons-targeted-by-hackers-dpgoha-20101018-fc_10165503




Even in the aftermath of leaving/losing my brand new 64g Itouch in the Dallas airport, that story makes me feel good.

Maybe even enough to get back on track and salvage this Crocktober for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment