Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Vids That Make You Go Yeah!... then Huh?..then Yeah! Again

I came across 2 fairly new videos today. I needed something loud enough to scare the snot out of my sinuses and into the stratosphere(don't worry, I'm alone and won't infect you, your brood or the horse you rode in on). I have a black do- rag hanging out of my back pocket making me look all heavy metal parking lot-ish, that I can wipe up my schnozz with after I watch 'em.

The first one is from a band called White Wizzard. This band is from LA, formed in 2007 after itching their scratch for old school metal and tiring of all the small- balled screamo bands that dominated the scene at the time. They have a new album called Over The Top which has just been released! Meanwhile, sit back,check your leather and enjoy the video for the title track "Over The Top"  This video rocks full on solid with three guitar solos, an apple juice curse, and a red Honda.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out why they needed to find a snowy ghost town to film it in. But I give it two horns up anyway.



The second video is from one of my favorite hard rock bands of the last decade, Priestess. One of the best things to come out of Montreal since Elisha Cuthbert, and a close second being Leonard Cohen...Priestess have overcome their label problems and signed with the great NYC label Tee Pee Records and finally released their second album Prior to the Fire here in the states. It's out now! Here is their video for "Lady Killer" Its chock full of taxidermy, stalking random women via station wagon and the band rocking out as posing cavemen deep in a museum diorama. Yep, that's right. I don't get it either, but it sure does rock hearty!

 

Well, its time for the do-rag! I just sneezed on the screen. Rock/Achoo/On!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about White Wizard - it is just a little too big-hair metal for me. On the other hand, Priestess rock hard, even if the clip is weird-arse.

    Thanks,

    YourZ

    ReplyDelete